Conquer your fear of public speaking and presenting with Philip Collins
Speaking and presenting in public is one of the great fears and it can really hold excellent people back in their careers. We can help to take away your anxiety and boost your career. We are not going to promise to turn you into Barack Obama in a single day. That will take at least a week! But we can pledge to give you the material you need to have the confidence that will make you a really competent presenter and public speaker who gets heard. We can give you what you need to stop worrying. We can teach you what to present and how to present it. Many courses teach you the second but not the first. With us you get both. That is our unique method which has been developed with global leaders from Government and the corporate sectors.
Who should attend
This is a day for anyone who has to present to colleagues, clients, boards and conferences. If you ever have to get to your feet to inform, persuade or inspire and the thought fills you with dread, this is a day designed for you. Training days can also be a bit serious but we promise learning and a laugh (and a glass of wine).
Philip Collins was the former Chief Speech Writer to Tony Blair from 2005 to 2007 and has also written for the former United Nations Secretary General, Kofi Annan; former UK Foreign Secretary David Miliband; Indra Nooyi, Chief Executive at Pepsi; Willie Walsh CEO at International Airlines Group and Matthew Layton, Managing Partner at Clifford Chance. Philip was until recently, the Chief Leader Writer at The Times Newspaper and a well-known weekly columnist. He has also been a guest on The Daily Politics, the Andrew Marr Show and This Week.
Neil Mullarkey co-founded the Comedy Store Players, Europe’s top improv troupe, in 1985 with Mike Myers. His credits include Whose Line Is it Anyway, I’m Sorry I Haven’t A Clue, QI, Have I Got News for You, and Austin Powers movies. For the last fifteen years he has been bringing the skills of theatre and especially improvisation to some of the world’s biggest organisations, including Microsoft, KPMG, Saatchi & Saatchi, Unilever, Vodafone, UK Sport, Barclays and Deloitte.
What will you get from the day?
The 6 things you will get from the day
- Tips and techniques that global leaders use to create maximum impact and influence
- How to develop great material and why great material is an amazing way to calm your fears
- The big lessons from theatre and improv about how to deliver brilliantly
- The importance of being you and tips for practicing that can make all of the difference
- A ‘toolkit’ that you can take away and use every time you give a presentation or speak in public
How your day will look
- 9.30 – 9.45: Philip Collins and Neil Mullarkey: Introduction to the day
- 9.45 – 10.45: Philip Collins: The 6 things you need to know about presenting
- 10.45 – 11.45: Neil Mullarkey: Lessons from the theatre and improv
- 11.45 – 12.00: Quick break
- 12.00 – 1.00: Lunch with Philip Collins: Common errors – the 7 presentation ‘sins’
- 1-00 – 1.45: Tips for creating a strong, central argument with Philip Collins
- 1.45 – 3.00: Learning from Abraham Lincoln: The two and half minute Gettysburg Address – a workshop overseen by Philip and Neil
- 3-00 – 3.45: Neil Mullarkey: How to make the most of your material when you deliver
- 3.45 – 5.30: Each group performs their Gettysburg Address with the help of the tips on their material from Philip and their delivery from Neil – (with wine!)
The event will be held in the striking Canary Wharf offices of Clifford Chance LLP and costs just £384.99 (RRP £549) for the day, including all catering/refreshments.
To find out more information and book your place click here