This policy provides guidelines for the acceptance of marketing and advertising, on the WeAreTheCity.com, WeAreTheCityJobs.com, Resources, Careersclub, RisingStars and WeAreTheCity.in websites owned by We Are The City LTD.
1 Background and document purpose
- We Are The City Limited allows businesses and other organisations to advertise on its websites.
- This policy document defines the site-wide content policies and technical standards to be applied.
2.1 The policy assumes that all advertising presented falls within the rules and guidelines laid down by the Advertising Standards Authority and the British Codes of Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing. The basic principles of the codes are that advertisements should be:
- Legal, decent, honest and truthful
- Prepared with a sense of responsibility to consumers and society
- In line with generally accepted standards of fair competition in business
- Reflect the spirit as well as the letter of the codes
3. General approach
3.1 We Are The City Limited seeks to maximise revenue from advertising, whilst ensuring that the process of accepting and displaying advertising does not conflict with any of We Are The City Limiteds core values and policies.
4. Prohibited products, services and advertisers
4.1 Advertising should not promote any of the following:
- Adult services i.e. sexually orientated products or services
- Alcoholic drinks
- Pyramid selling programs
- Services that impact the lives or well being of women
- Loans and speculative financial products
- Tobacco and related products
- Weapons, violence or anti-social behaviour of any description
- Unlicensed medical services, drugs or pharmaceuticals
4.2 In addition, we will not accept advertising that:
- Conflicts with the cores values or policies of We Are The City Limited in any way
- Affects public support for a political party, a person identified with such a party, or a point of view/question of a political nature
- Presents an obvious conflict of interest with a We Are The City Limited service or income stream
- Is based upon hidden URLs within specific keywords within the written content
- Has more than four URLs or link backs within a single advertising post to the same or similar website service
- Has previously been rejected for any of the reasons in 4.1
5. Style and content
5.1 We Are The City Limited retains an open mind to different styles of advertising, though as a diverse website we are unable to consider advertising of:
- A sexual nature, which features an overtly sexual tone, innuendo or a subtext that may cause offence, partial or complete nudity or which appears to promote illegal or inappropriate behaviour
- A mocking nature, which makes fun of particular groups of people, types of behaviour or situations
6. Selection and quality assurance
6.1 The final decision to accept advertising rests with We Are The City Limited and is subject to a sample being supplied for quality control/approval purposes; acceptance does not imply endorsement.
6.2 All advertisements which are to be displayed on Fidelity Consulting Limited web sites will be subject to review of the product or service being promoted and the style and content of the advertising. This review will primarily be undertaken by agents appointed to handle to sale and delivery of advertising on wearethecity.com, WeAreTheCityjobs.com, Careers Club, Resources, Rising Stars and wearethecity.in websites but We Are The City Limited , on occasions, may also directly wish to view and approve creatives prior to display
6.3 We Are The City Limited reserves the right to refuse advertising when space is limited by the needs of editorial content or for any other reason without explanation. Also, to remove advertising, Coaches, Networks at short notice should the subject matter be likely to appear insensitive/cause offence in the light of local or national events e.g. natural disasters, missing children, etc. Also, by request from We Are The City Limited website users and if identified as misleading or false advertising.
7. Behavioural targeting, cookies and privacy
We Are The City Limited :
8.1 We make reasonable efforts to ensure that only advertisements suitable for all ages of web user appear on the website. However We Are The City Limited does not control third party sites, content or products. Advertisers may have different use and privacy policies, for which we cannot accept responsibility.
8.2 We will display a link to this advertising policy on any page of our website which carries advertising and an email link so that customers with any concerns can raise them promptly with We Are The City Limited .
8.3 We Are The City Limited may include a marker on the post as ‘Advertisement’, ‘Promotional Article’ to identify that the content is of an advertising nature and is targeted for We Are The City Limited website users.
8.4 We Are The City Limited offer annual advertising licenses to allow advertisers to promote products and services, for periods up to 365 days in a single period, that must meet the above policy. All content published will be verified that it meets the privacy, content and advertising policy of the site. We Are The City Limited may charge additional costs that are incurred for iterations and multiple versions of the same advertising content. We Are The City Limited will charge at no greater value that £49.00 plus V.A.T per iteration.
8.5 We Are The City Limited aim to investigate and confirm that any advertisement, event or directory listing is correct and offers services that are claimed within the publication on our websites. However we cannot be held accountable for any misleading of services or poor services provided by such advertisers.
8.6 We Are The City Limited will not be held accountable from a financial perspective or legal perspective for any goods, products, services that have not been delivered and will refer these to the advertising partner or company. We Are The City Limited will ensure that any complaints will be investigated and any further advertising of that organisation, event, product or service will be suspended.
9. Contact Details
If you want to advertise on our web site please contact:-