EPAA UK has launched a campaign film for its ‘Not Just a Girls Job’ campaign, which is designed to challenge common assumptions and perceptions of the EA/PA/Secretary roles being a career just for women.
According to industry statistics the gender split is currently around 97 per cent female vs. three per cent male.
The campaign aims to decrease this gender split over time, by raising awareness of initiatives and educating the world of work on why EA/PA/Secretary roles are gender neutral.
The first stage of the campaign will showcase male EAs and PAs and their career journeys.
- Raise the profile of men undertaking the role
- Seek to decrease the gender split percentage over time over the next five years
- Present the profession in a more gender friendly fashion from visuals to job advertisements
- Drive more Male EAs/PAs to engage with professional EA/PA events
- Challenge common assumptions
- Role Models/Mentoring programme
- Engage with the education system to change perception from an early age
EPAA say: “We believe a better gender ratio will make for an enriched profession and our mission is simple – we want to inspire boys and men to consider the profession as a credible career choice and remove some of the stereotypes associated with the roles under the administrative umbrella.”
You can view their campaign video in full here: