Be the Change. Volunteer.
Founded in 2010, Hands On London (HOL) is a registered charity (1140291) dedicated to community-based volunteering in the Greater London area. HOL’s mission is to equip, motivate, and inspire people to take action that changes the world. HOL makes volunteering in London flexible, accessible, and efficient by acting as an intermediary between not-for-profits, charities, community groups, and volunteers (both individuals and corporates).
2014 was a fantastic year for Hands On London (HOL). We partnered with 26 new charities, providing essential support to groups serving a wide range of needs. In addition, 495 new individual volunteers from across London registered with HOL during the year and gave a total of 1,328 hours of voluntary service to our community partners.
Corporations played an active role in the community in 2014, with 27 new partners joining HOL. Our partners gave a massive 5,642 hours of service to third-sector organizations across the capital. These projects provided important community resources in many areas, such as supporting adults with learning disabilities, assisting with the delivery of art and craft sessions for adults and children living with HIV, cooking dinner at soup kitchens, helping provide professional training for long-term unemployed people, cooking dinner at the Ronald McDonald House for families with seriously ill children, making blankets for residents of care homes for the elderly, and helping clear, plant, and maintain parks and gardens.
HOL’s mission is to equip, motivate, and inspire people to take action that changes the world.
The 2014 Wrap Up London campaign was a huge success with over 15,000 coats donated by Londoners to help those in need stay warm this winter. In total, over the last four campaigns, Wrap Up London has collected more than 40,000 coats and distributed them to over 100 shelters and refuges throughout the Greater London area.
- HOL founder, Elizabeth Grier, was given the Points of Light civic award from the Prime Minister’s Office.
- 2,206 volunteers gave 10,120 hours of voluntary service to community partners across London.
- 495 new volunteers joined Hands On London.
- Individual volunteers gave 1,328 hours of voluntary service to the community.
- 27 new corporate partners participated in 63 volunteering projects.
- 1,341 corporate employees gave 5,642 hours of voluntary service.
- Over 380 individual and corporate volunteers gave more than 3,150 hours to the Wrap Up London campaign.
For more information:
If you are interested in Hands On London organising a bespoke annual programme of volunteering, a one-off volunteering project, or finding out more about general or Wrap Up London sponsorship and donation opportunities, please contact us on [email protected] or on Tel: 07931 969 139.