Based in the City of London, the overall purpose of the role would be to support regular business reviews for the CEO – Head of Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) region.
The right candidate will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), additionally assisting him and the UK CEO with ad hoc tasks.
Department: Senior Management
Job type: Internship
Duration: 11 months
Start date: March 2017
- Working closely with the CFO, design and develop a high level quarterly balanced scorecard report for CIB in the UK. The report should be useful, comprehensive, relevant, clear and reliable:
- Useful: A high level source of information and decision making tool, the report should analyse business performance against objectives and extract the key points for action for consideration by the Head of EMEA and Natixis UK Management Committee (effectively Natixis UK’s Board of Directors).
- Comprehensive: Covering all parts of the business.
- Relevant: Identifying key business objectives, ensuring these are consistent with group strategy
- Clear and reliable: Identifying pertinent KPIs from reliable sources, presenting and interpreting them visually/ succinctly.
To interact intelligently with senior management in all areas of the London CIB (Capital Markets origination, structuring, trading & sales; Structured Finance; Investment Banking, Control and Support) to gain a general understanding of:
- their strategic direction & key objectives
- the key performance indicators and what these mean
- where appropriate, possible corrective actions and agreeing these with the managers concerned
The position holder is expected to respect the confidentiality of the Company’s information and to exercise discretion with sensitive information where appropriate.
Responsible for producing: Balanced Scorecard report
Key skills, experience required:
- Excellent academic qualification in finance or similar
- Ability to liaise and build good working relationships with all levels of staff
- Some knowledge of banking activities
- Organised (able to plan, prioritize and meet deadlines)
- Articulate (Excellent use of English)
- Hard working and keen to learn
- Analytical and enquiring
- Attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Work, Excel and PowerPoint