The Women’s Equality Party (WE) is set to hold its first party conference, to enable its members shape the structure of the party and decide what WE should tackle next.
Conference 2016 will take place at Victoria Warehouse, Manchester from Friday 25 November – Sunday 27 November.
The conference will include keynotes from Sophie Walker, Leader of WE, Sandi Toksvig, Co-founder of WE, Catherine Mayer, Co-founder of WE, Stella Duffy, Writer, Actor, Fun Palaces Director and theatremaker, Pragna Patel, Southall Black Sisters, Jayne-Anne Gadhia, Chief Executive of Virgin Money and popstar Sinitta who will talking about her experiences of being a BAME woman in the music industry.
The conference will all offer workshops and training and the chance to meet with other WE members from across the UK. It is also open to non-members.
In addition there will be an open-mic session to give delegates the chance to speak on any topic, a debate on motions, a chance to endorse the WE Constitution and the WE policy document and inspiring talks during the Festival of Ideas.
On the Saturday night there will be a comedy gala headlined by Sara Pascoe.
At Conference 2016 WE will:
• Discuss and approve the WE Constitution
• Improve and endorse the WE Policy Document
• Select a Policy Committee and explore how WE want to make policy decisions
• Experiment with innovative ways of reaching a conclusion in a political debate
• Select representatives for the Steering Committee, which will hold the decision- making power between Party Conferences
• Select representatives for the Policy Committee, which will execute the party’s policies between Party Conferences and make new policy proposals.
You can find out more information and book your place here.